Saturday, December 6, 2008

New vegan restaurant in Boston!

My friend Jer just tipped me off to the pending opening of chef Wheeler Del Toro's new vegan restaurant, "Wheeler's Cafe & Ice Cream Bar."  And I'm waiting with bated breath for the grand opening on Dec. 15.

The cafe will be located at 334 Massachusetts Avenue, near Symphony Hall.  And since I live at 701 Mass. Ave, me thinks I'll be visiting quite often.  After spending two years living in New York City I can attest to Boston's dramatic lack of veg restaurants.  The opening of Wheeler's Cafe will be one small step for Boston and one giant leap for Boston's vegetarians and vegans.  

It looks like Del Toro is quick to refute the notion that vegan food tastes, well, bad:

"I think people hear 'vegan' and they think militants eating twigs and dirt!  I love eating and I'm not going to create anything that doesn't taste good."

And maybe the best part will be this: the cafe will offer free Wifi and the occasional DJ spinning "gentle jazz, house and hip hop."  

See you there...

No comments: